3.30.2013

Spencer & Madilyn

Our babies are here. :)
I love love LOVE saying that.



Spencer Cruce Gille
born at 9:28pm on March 26, 2013
6 lbs 3 oz, 19 and 1/4 in


Madilyn Anne Gille
born at 9:29pm on March 26, 2013
5 lbs 15 oz, 19 and 1/2 in


Just a quick update:
We are all doing very well - the babies are healthy and strong, I'm  recovering nicely from the c-section, and Martin is one happy daddy :)

Lots of people have asked why I suddenly had to deliver the babies.  Long story short, at my weekly ultrasound they found that Madilyn's amniotic fluid level was fairly low and the Dr's were concerned about my placenta detaching.  It wasn't urgent to deliver them, but we didn't want to delay very long because of the risks associated with a placenta detaching before giving birth.  So, they sent me on over to the 
hospital and 9 hrs later we had our two beautiful babies in our arms.

The babies got to come home with us yesterday and we are figuring out our new schedule with these sweet little bundles of joy.  Thank goodness for my wonderful mom here helping us.  We are busy busy but it is amazing because no matter how tired we get or how many times we need to feed them or change them or soothe them it isn't a hassle at all.  It is so incredibly wonderful to be their parents.  I LOVE being their mom. We are blessed beyond comprehension.

I am BEYOND thankful for my sweet little babies and how healthy they are.  I feel so deeply blessed to be their mommy and to be able to hold their precious little bodies in my arms.  They are just SO SO sweet.  Marty and I love them so much - SO much.

Here are some pics of our beautiful little babies

In the operation room.  Our first picture as a new family :)

They are so precious.  We keep them in the same crib and they snuggle together, it is so tender.
(Spencer on left, Madilyn on right)

Ready to go home.

Leaving the hospital!

We are loving life as a new family with our darling little babies.  Words cannot express the new-found love we have for each other and for our babies.  Life is simply incredible.

14 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! Congratulations on their safe arrival. I'm glad your mom can be there to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this!!! They are so stinking cute and I love their names!! I am so happy for you. I was so grateful your mamma kept me updated!! I want to hear how everything is going once everything has settled down. I love you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Could they be any more perfect? Congratulations! Parenthood is an amazing ride. I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katie!! I'm so excited for you guys! Great work getting them here - I don't think I've heard of twins weighing that much before - that is FANTASTIC!! You are already a great mom, I can tell! Enjoy it!! I love the photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, they are so perfect and wonderful! And big! You were carrying around a LOT of baby. Way to go momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love them! They are so beautiful. Congratulations!! I have loved following along with your pregnancy on your blog and now I can't wait to hear more about your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so perfect, and so are all of your pictures of them! Did Martin wear the same shirt every day at the hospital? I want to see them!!!!!!!! And yes, they seem so perfect in every single possible way, including that the boy is a little bigger and a little older. Thanks for blogging! :) Good luck with the schedules etc. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you! And way to go on getting the blog up already, you're amazing! I've been trying to give you guys space the past few days since I know your life is probably crazy, but when you feel up to it, I want to webcam so I can see their beautiful faces! I love them already, they are so beautiful! I love the names too, so perfect. I am so incredibly happy, and you are such an amazing mommy to get those babies here safely! I miss you and we'll talk soon! LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I am SO happy for you four! What a beautiful family! I love their names and I'm so glad to hear all of you are healthy and happy! When things settle down a bit for you and us, I'd love to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy this is so great, I love you how much you love being a mom!! Your babies AH I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy that your babies are here and healthy! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm just beyond happy for you!!!!!!!!!! We were praying for you all day and we are sooo happy that all went well!!! What a miracle!!! We love you and would love to video chat when you are feeling up to it to see those lil darlings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't read any blogs in a while and knew I had to see if you guys had an update and you did! I love it and I love your babies and I love you! One question...did you get to keep your makeup on during the surgery because that first hospital picture is too cute and I thought you still had eye make up on when we visited you the night they were born. I remember when I had my surgery they said no make up and I kept thinking why would it matter if they don't touch my face? I knew I should have worn some anyway for those first photos hahah oh the vanity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky! Yeah, they let me keep my make-up on and my contacts in. I felt vain because I almost even brought my curling iron to the hospital to curl my hair since I knew we'd be waiting for a long time before they delivered me :)

      Delete