3.15.2013

Happy Birthday to My Man Marty!!!

Yesterday was Pi Day which means.....it was Martin's birthday!!!

His birthday started off with a yummy breakfast in bed and, of course, his birthday crown.
I love this picture because he looks so happy and so tired at the same time

I asked him to try to open his eyes a little more and this is what he did for me :)

The birthday crown


After breakfast he got to open one present.  It was from the babies :)
The card has a pop out thing that has tiny baby hands on each end of the accordion folded paper and "This much!!!" written on the paper.  So the card says "We love you this much!!!"

And this is what the babies gave him...


Then it was off to work for Martin.  When he came home he got to open the rest of his presents.
He got some fun things like snow gloves, 5 "it's your turn to get the babies"coupons for when they need something in the middle of the night (I thought long and hard before actually going through with
this gift :) ), some great cards from family and friends, and.....an ipad!!!

Although the ipad wasn't a surprise (because he saw the credit card bill and almost called Apple to figure out why in the world they were charging him $ - so I had to tell him), it was still fun to see him explore the world of apps and get excited about all the things he could do on the ipad.

For dinner, we went to Old Chicago and then came home for dessert!
Martin always has pie instead of cake on his birthday and he typically wants pumpkin pie but this year he asked for this delicious apple crumble pie.  It is seriously so good.  Recipe found here.

And that sums up his birthday!  I love you Martin.  
I love how happy you are and being able to celebrate YOU!

I remember people at our wedding telling us that our love will just grow and grow for each other.  I thought, "Are you kidding?  I love this man BEYOND measure!  But hey, if our love can grow even more then I'm all for it!"  Well, all of those people were so right.  Martin, I love you more than I ever thought I would and I am so incredibly thankful that you took that leap of faith in choosing to marry me :)

Oh and funny side note - I almost went into labor while blowing up balloons to decorate our apartment. Well, not really, but it sure did feel like I was getting ready to push the babies out! I'm glad I didn't have to wake him up and say, "Happy Birthday! Um...my water broke!"




2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome birthday for Marty! It really is true...he is such a happy guy! I miss his laugh! You did such a great job of thinking of good creative presents, you two and your creativity...I love it! Happy Birthday Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the apple pie beats pumpkin for Martin, I will try it. That is hard for me to believe!

    ReplyDelete