2.27.2013

My Mom is a Miracle Worker

Preparing for the babies is a big deal.  Anyone who has children knows that there is a lot that 
goes into all of the planning: Dr.'s visits, insurance, hospitals, nursery furniture, diapers, 
washing clothes, and the list goes on.  
Well, my sweet sweet mom came to Minnesota and worked her magic in our little home to help us get prepared for our babies since she knows I can't be up doing things and Marty has been going non-stop between work and church and helping me.  

Mom - I'm assuming you're going to read this and I just want to say

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I've said thank you already and you are just super kind and generous and I know you don't look for attention, BUT I just can't say thank you enough.

So my mom flew out Thursday night and on Friday morning we got cranking - more like 
I made lists and SHE got cranking.

She did about 20 loads of laundry (no exaggeration), luckily I could help fold the clothes.  And then she organized them all into boxes labeled by age and gender.




We ended up with 8 or 9 boxes packed with clean, organized clothes.  AND she got all the new born clothes ready for the babies and put away in their dresser.

Another HUGE, and I mean HUGE, thing she did for us was 
cook over 20 meals that could be stored in the freezer.  
Yeah, I told you my mom is a miracle worker.
As much as I appreciate how Marty has tried to stay on top of the cooking, both he and I 
agree that these meals are pretty amazing :)

Our tiny freezer packed with meals

The freezer didn't quite fit everything so next best option = outside in the snow in 15 degree weather :)

My mom was helping non-stop the whole weekend.  She went shopping for me to get some much needed maternity clothes, she helped Martin pull together an awesome luau for our church party, she organized drawers with diapers and diaper changing supplies, she cleaned, she washed toys, and more.  
All in 3 and a half days.

 But the part I like best is that I got to just hang out with my mama.  I love talking with her, 
she has so much wisdom and is an incredible example of loving others.

Thank you SOOOO much for coming and helping mom.  You have genuinely blessed our lives and the lives of your new grand-babies!  I love you!!!


P.S. Martin also got the crib set up while my mom was here!  Yay!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a HUGE blessing! Aren't mom's the best?! You look so great! We're gonna send you something here in a little bit, I'll get your address soon! And look at cute proud Martin at the end...oh I love you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...I love your mom! She really is amazing and it's very obvious that you are her daughter, because you're amazing too! I'm so glad to see that everything is coming together for these babies. They are already so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous mom! You will need those freezer meals!

    ReplyDelete