2.14.2013

30 weeks


Woo hoo!  We made it to 30 weeks.  Each week is a milestone so I am one happy mama.

Here's a funny comparison from when I was wearing the same shirt several weeks ago:
 Week 24                                        Week 30

Some interesting things from this past week:
  • My "waist" literally grew 1/2 inch in 2 days.  We measured.
  • I haven't dilated any more, yay!!!
  • I got a surprise ultrasound at my Dr.'s appt because the babies were moving around too much to find heart beats - I was so excited to see them again :)
  • Our little boy turned around!  His head used to be on my left side and now it's on my right side right next to our baby girl's head.  So now they can cuddle instead of kick each other in the faces.  They are still transverse, or laying sideways as if in bunk beds. 

Things are going smoothly and we have been the recipients of sooo much good.
Multiple people have brought us delicious meals, offered to help or come hang out with me, and have been sending prayers our way.  We SO appreciate it.
So we want to give a special thank you to those who have been keeping us in mind, 
you know who you are.
We truly are doing well, all four of us :) and we have a lot to be thankful for.

Martin and I recently watched this video and felt very uplifted by it.  We think about what type of parents we hope to be A LOT, and it's neat to remember that we have the ultimate example of a loving parent - God.  It shares a wonderful perspective of our relationship with not only our fathers here on earth, but also with God, our Heavenly Father. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your updates! And, I sure hope to see you guys again soon! I'll call you to see when would be best to stop by. In the mean time, keep those babies a growin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had the missionaries for dinner, they showed us that video and asked if we knew anyone else they could share it with. So we thought of someone who could use a visit from the missionaries but we also thought of you guys...knowing that you probably would have found it on your own...looks like you did! PS I love that you are still able to wear some of your maternity clothes because I remember you being worried about the sizes. Looks like that cute shirt might make it all the way! I hope that sounded the way I intended it to...looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. next post, put martin i the belly shot too. has he started showing? sometimes the husbands do:) glad you're feeling the love, i'm sure that love passes through b/c the more love you feel, the more you show the babies. although i'm sure you give them more than too much already:) glad you're happy!!

    ReplyDelete