2.26.2013

Valentine's Day

I love my Valentine.
He's really handsome and funny and thoughtful and patient and smart and respectful and...he's all mine!
I love celebrating our love!  

I woke up on Valentine's Day to a lovely bouquet of pink flowers from Marty and the day just got better.  

We have awesome friends here in Minnesota and one of them came up with an awesome, sneaky plan she and I could do for our husband's on Valentine's Day.

We had been planning this for several weeks and unfortunately I was put on bed rest about a week and a half before Valentine's day so I couldn't do all the cooking and running around like we planned to do together.  BUT Becky is amazing and was a champ in picking up my slack and the day went great!

First, we sent the boys on a scavenger hunt with lots of clues and treats to go 
with each clue (great idea by Becky).  
It all started when Jesus came home after work to an empty house and a note to pick up Marty.  Then off they went on their adventure.

 There's an inside joke between Becky and Jesus on that clue for Jesus :)


Side note: they TRIED to be funny and trick us into thinking that Jesus never got the first clue to 
pick up Marty, but we knew better :)

Eventually they made it back to our house...BUT they went through the scavenger hunt way faster then we expected and Becky was still out picking up the yummy gourmet burgers we ordered when they walked in.  And Jesus even walked in with a big bouquet of flowers ready to greet his valentine - whoops!  Anticlimactic, but sweet.
Luckily Becky got back shortly after.

Then we all enjoyed a delicious meal and each other's company

Becky's delicious Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Pie

The couples


And of course - the ridiculously cute Joaquin!

I'd say it was a successful night and tons of fun to spend it with some of our best friends.
Becky, I hope it's ok that I stole all your pictures! :)

3 comments:

  1. how cute!! i mean the baby!! oh, and your fun idea of sending the boys off on a date to end up w/ their real dates:) those burgers do look good, my kind of cooking! but the mozzarella and tomato salad looks good too. mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can have the photos, what a great post about our lovely evening! Thanks for sharing our fun idea. :) And Tiffany, I sure do enjoy your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! And way to have an awesome friend that will help you STAY ON BED REST! Just remember how you totally saved me in planning Tim's surprise party last year, because I had lameo work...you're the best. But it looks like you guys had such a great Valentines! I love you and Martin, we need to Skype SOON! Maybe this weekend :) Love you! Kiss your belly for me - twice!

    ReplyDelete