1.27.2013

Colorado Baby Shower

Over Christmas Martin and I got to go to Colorado to spend time with my side of the family.
While we were there some very sweet people  threw me a baby shower so I could share the excitement of our twins with many of the people I grew up with.

Lisa and Catherine put everything together, thank you both SO much.
 
And I know many other women helped with decorations, invitations, food, and more, so thank you to everyone who helped make it a wonderful night.

This is a picture of part of the invitation, it was adorable.  It had a cute little Noah's Ark theme because all the animals came in 2's.
 Invitation designed by www.sugarinkdesign.com
The rhyme says:

"Like Noah and his ark of old,
the critters came by twos.
Now Katy Gille's having twins,
we're thrilled to share the news!
There's so much to look forward to,
the cooing and the bubbles,
What fun she surely has in store,
When the cuteness factor doubles!"


Here are some pictures of the fun

CUTE CUTE decorations and really great food.
Salad, soup, darling cupcakes, and just a whole lot of yummyness.

And LOTS of people who I love so much
(but we weren't able to snag a picture of everyone who was there, so I'm sorry if we missed you!)
Lindsay and Hebs, I love those Ballantyne's

Alexa, Paige, and Amy - some of the best friends I could have ever asked for

Tammy, Toby, Kelsey, and Becky - 
Some of my church leaders from not too long ago and good family friends

Reiko, Cindy, and Catherine -
Amazing women who I just love

Taylor, Leslie, Lauren, and Sarah - 
My family!  One awesome sister-in-law and my 2nd family, the McCabe's.
Leslie is having a girl soon and Lauren had her baby boy about a month after this pic was taken.

Brooke and Taylor
Another great McCabe girl (who is pregnant with a girl!) and my awesome sister-in-law 
(Kyle, thank you for marrying such a cool girl.)

Joyce and Paulette
These women have been in my life for many many years, I'm so glad you both could be there.

 And the Carney women!  Me, my mama, and Taylor :)
I love you both.

It was SO nice to be able to celebrate with so many people who mean so much to me.  Many of these people have known me since I was a little girl, then as an awkward teenager with glasses and braces, then as I got married and now as we're getting ready to welcome our babies into the world.

Thank you to everyone who was involved and who celebrated with us.  
I felt so loved and blessed beyond measure.
 


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I so almost did this theme for your upcoming MN shower but luckily I did not! How adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! It's fun to see all of our baby showers :) You are great, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute theme!

    ReplyDelete