1.06.2013

2 Year Anniversary

December 21, 2010
The Best Day of my Life

Photo by Amber Allen of [echo] images 

Photo by Amber Allen of [echo] images 

I have been married to Martin Gille for over 2 years.  In some ways I feel like, "Only two years? I can't remember life without Marty." and in other ways I feel like, "Wow! It's been TWO years!"

Marrying Martin was truly the best decision I have ever made.

While we were dating and started talking about a long term future together I pondered and prayed long and hard to know if marrying him was the right decision to make.

In a very personal moment, I genuinely felt confirmation that my decision to marry Martin was endorsed by God and that unfathomable joy and blessings would come our way.  And ever since the day I married him, that personal insight has become reality.

Of course we have our ups and downs.  What couple doesn't?  But I can honestly say that the "ups" FAR outweigh the "downs."  My soul is genuinely happy with Martin.  I desire SO badly for every person I know to have a relationship like ours because it is marvelous, truly marvelous.

I am so blessed to be Mrs. Gille.

For our anniversary we got to celebrate in some fun ways.  About 2 weeks before our anniversary I came home to these:

He got them a couple weeks ahead of time because we would be leaving town the day after our anniversary so he wanted me to be able to enjoy them!  Thoughtful, right?

On the day of our anniversary we made waffles for breakfast and I packed Marty a special lunch for work with 2 of everything in it (because it was our 2 year mark).  I got to pick him up early from work and we headed to a really yummy wood-fire grill restaurant.
Here's a picture of us in the car at the restaurant because it was freezing outside:

Then we went to see Elf the musical!  We LOVE Elf the movie so we were pretty excited about seeing the musical.  The theater was decorated in a way that I would totally see Buddy the Elf decorating it.  Paper snowflakes everywhere, tons of garland, and all that good stuff.

Here we are at the theater and you can see a glimpse of the decorations behind us:
(Doesn't it look like I tried to sneak a soccer ball in under my shirt!?  I'm getting big!)

It was a great night!  I love my handsome husband and am so thankful for him!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your anniversary outfit at the Elf musical and LOVE the snowflake decorations everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My friend Becky let me borrow the shirt! The snowflakes remind me of the ones you have/had on your window, they were awesome.

      Delete