8.27.2012

Mama in Minnesota

This last weekend was absolutely wonderful.  Seriously.  My mom got to come stay with us for a long weekend and I loved every minute of it and it was so sad to drop her off at the air port.  The time flew by so fast!  My mom is Wonder Woman - note the below picture.

This is from a backpacking trip with my dad last summer.  My mom couldn't come so we made sure she could still experience the trip :)  If you look closely, she caught a fish.

Back to my mom.  She truly is an amazing woman and I am so thankful for her example and for the unconditional love and support she gives us.  I just love her.

She flew in on Thursday and we were able to just take it easy that night, show her our apartment, and stay up past our bedtimes talking. That's one thing I love about my mom, she is so great to talk with. It was especially great that Martin and I were able to have her all to ourselves.  I LOVE when our whole family gets together, but it was so nice to not have to share her. :)

Friday was a relaxing and exciting day.  While Marty was at work we baked lots of goodies and were productive around the house.  That night we got to go to the Minnesota State Fair!  We got to eat lots and lots of food, see a variety of interesting people, see baby animals right after they were born, see prize winning pumpkins the size of a car, and simply enjoy walking around.  It was wonderful to go with my mom because she used to go to state fairs every year when she was a kid.

Saturday was a rainy day, but we got to explore Minneapolis a bit.  We planned on renting bikes to ride around some of the lakes nearby, but the rain got the best of us.  Instead we fished and watched airplanes fly in to the airport nearby.



 
 

We went to church on Sunday and my mom got to meet 
all of the wonderful people there.  She can find a lot of 
comfort in knowing how blessed we are to be surrounded
 by such incredible people who have reached out to us.  
We also went on a nice walk around another lake nearby where 
we got to see frogs, turtles, lily-pads, and snakes




It was such a peaceful day with beautiful scenery.  
I'm so glad that my mom got to see the beautiful place 
we live in.  It is amazingly green here and there are 
gorgeous lakes/parks all around us. We'll see how
the winter changes the scenery :)


 












 
 
 
 Monday was another productive day of cleaning, sewing, and site-seeing.  We went to the Mall of America, which is a pretty big deal around here!  There are hundreds of stores, an indoor amusement park, an aquarium, and many more exciting things to see.  Sadly, Monday also meant that my mama had to go home.

It was absolutely amazing to have all of this time with my mom.  I SO loved just being able to talk, laugh, and spend time with her.  Thank you so much for coming out mama, you are awesome and I miss you already!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! It looks like you had an action packed weekend! Good thing you had such a fun time her first visit, now she'll for sure come back! (Not like she wouldn't have anyway :) I expect the same treatment whenever we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minnesota look like such a fun place. Get ready for winter!

    ReplyDelete