8.15.2012

Home Really is Where the Heart is

Going into this adventure we knew several things - we'd be moving a lot, our attitudes would determine so many things, and we would be far away from friends and family.  With Martin's job we will be moving around a lot.  We're moving roughly every 8 months for the next couple years and we find out where we are going (out of basically every state in the US) about 1-2 months before hand.  This is an awesome job for Marty and we're honestly extremely excited for this adventure - especially at this stage of our life.  

But, there are definitely challenges to our situation.  Moving isn't easy, we're going to completely new places, we're far away from family, we're far away from friends, I have to try to find jobs that will hire me for just 8 months, and the list goes on.  One thing I was nervous about was how we would create a home environment every where we go.  

When I think of home I think of my parent's house with lots hanging out talking and laughing and just a warmth that you feel.  Or I think of our little home in Provo that had pictures of smiling faces and Super Man hanging on the wall and that same warmth as my parent's home.  As we've been in Minnesota we've done a pretty good job at diving in to our surroundings and making this feel like home.  I've realized that home truly is where the heart is!  I'm here with my handsome, amazing husband who knows me so well and who I just love spending as much time possible with.  Home, in my opinion, is determined by WHO you are with and WHAT you do with where you are at.

So here are some pictures of our home :)

Our entryway
 
 Our living room - what you see after walking up the stairs

More of our living room
 
Our kitchen

 Other view of the kitchen

And THAT is our home sweet home :)



2 comments:

  1. Katy! Your place is soo cute :) I know with your positive attitude and bright smile any place can feel like home quickly. Hope all continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat Tilby8/17/2012

    I love what you've already done to make that place your home. It looks really nice . . . I just wish it weren't so far away!

    ReplyDelete