11.06.2012

Thank Goodness for Kind People

There is SO much good in the world.  There truly is!  Last Friday, I was reminded of that over and over again.

Every Friday I go to a prenatal yoga class with one of my good friends, Cami.  
(Side note: Not only do I love having great friends, but I LOVE having great pregnant friends!)
After yoga we went to get some yummy hot chocolate at Caribou Coffee.  After ordering our yumminess we headed back to the car so we could go back to her place and chat, have lunch, and work on a craft.  Well...I went for my keys to unlock the door aaaand...my pockets were empty.  
No keys, no phone.

To make a LONG story short, we walked 2 miles back to Cami's house to get her car.  
THEN Cami drove me to Marty's work (about 25 min away) and, after lots of phone calls and using security to finally track down my husband, I was able to get our 2nd set of keys from Marty.  
THEN Cami drove me to work because I was supposed to be at my nanny job 15 min earlier.  
THEN Cami took our car keys because she and her husband are super nice and offered to drive our car down to us later that night so we could make a date night out of it.  
THEN, after I was done working, the family I nanny for drove me to pick up Marty from work and drove us home.  
THEN we went to dinner with Cami and James and a bunch of friends and I somehow managed to fling an A1 Steak Sauce cap across the restaurant and get steak sauce running down a woman's forehead as the cap barely missed her head and she simply laughed and shrugged the whole incident off!

Whew!!!  It was an eventful day.

Here's the Dinner Group
(Cami and James are the couple closest to the camera on the left)

And here is the lovely steak sauce cap that went on a little adventure

I felt SO incredibly thankful for all of the kindness that surrounded me that day.  Cami was so willing to help and spend at least 2 hours with me trying to work everything out.  She had a smile on her face the whole time too.  

And the family I nanny for was completely understanding and willing to help when I called and said I'd be late for work and that I wouldn't have a car.  They offered to help in anyway they could.

Then the woman at the restaurant decided to handle the situation of being nailed in the forehead with steak sauce in a very nice manner.  She could have flipped out but she just laughed and said, "Well, I gotta admit that's the first time that's happened while eating out!"

It pays to be nice.  You never know what someone is going through and you never know who needs a little bit of kindness.  I am so thankful for the kind people in my life and feel so blessed to know that I am surrounded by so many wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. I feel grateful for the opportunity! You are awesome and I am SO glad I could help in a small way. Thanks for being a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats hilarious about the steak sauce, way to go mama!

    ReplyDelete