10.02.2012

The Belly is a Growin'

First off, THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of the love, support, and congratulations on our exciting news that we will be parents of twins!  We have seriously felt so loved and blessed.  It is amazing.

On my 10 week mark Martin had a special surprise planned for me.  I came home to a romantic dinner on our porch.  Complete with candles, a beautiful pot of mums, snickers (my all time favorite candy), pizza (about the only food I haven't been picky about lately), apples and cheese (a treat I love combined together), and a warm fuzzy blanket to curl up in because I'm always cold.  Martin is SO thoughtful and it was a great way to celebrate our 10 week mark.

Today I am officially 11 weeks along and things are going pretty well!  I haven't had too many crazy symptoms, but there are definitely some weird ones.

Symptoms:
  • My gag reflex is up the wazoo!!!  Smells get me, thinking about smells gets me, talking about yucky things gets me, and it's just bad.  Really bad.
  • My sense of smell is outrageously sensitive.  Seriously.  There was literally a week where I did not even go near the fridge and freezer because for some reason they smelled AWFUL to me.
  • Very, very, very, very tired.  I fall asleep around 9:30 or 10pm usually.
  • Waking up every few hours.  I usually wake up 2 times a night either to go to the bathroom, because I'm hungry/thirsty, or I just need to re-adjust. 
  • Headaches - not a ton, but when I get them, they hurt real bad.
  • Nausea - just for a couple of weeks towards the beginning, but now it isn't bad at all.
  • Mood swings - there have only been a couple, but thank goodness for a caring, patient husband is all I need to say.
  • Cravings and pickyness - I've really only noticed 2 things that I wanted really bad.  Potato salad and baked potatoes.  We documented the potato salad craving (see below) because it was my first one :) More foods sound bad than they do good to me, so that's been an adjustment.
  • And a growing belly!  I started noticing changes at about 8-9 weeks and was so surprised because I felt like that was sooo early to be showing...but then again, I'm having twins.  The doctor said that my bump will be getting big really quickly!
Honestly, it hasn't been too bad!  The puking because of nausea and gagging isn't any fun, but I have never been happier to feel so cruddy!  As I'm getting near the 2nd trimester things have calmed down a bit, which is a good break to enjoy.  Here are the lovely pics of my baby bump!!!

9 Weeks Along




11 Weeks Along

My first craving

8 comments:

  1. i craved potato wedges w/ the last pregnancy. like steak fries. they were so yummy! go get some, i wish i knew a good location. there was a greek place, Zeko's, next to my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congratulations Katy!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your weekly bump pictures. Keep them coming!! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! Being a mother is the most amazing thing. And to twins! Double the fun!! :)
    You look great Katy!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so freaking cute! You're belly is definitely growing but it's also because you have no where to hide them! :) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for potatoes! I craved sweet potatoes a lot, then weird stuff like green onions. Your bump really is growing!!! You look beautiful and we are ALL so excited for you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete