10.19.2012

2 Weeks in a Nut Shell

Its been a while and there is a lot to update!  Things that have gone on over the 
past couple of weeks:

Martin went to California for a business trip and got to do a little surfing


I always miss him so much whenever he goes out of town.  I miss snuggling with him the most, especially on cold mornings!  But I have awesome friends who let me hang out with them while he's gone and I always try to find ways to distract myself.  This time I got to do fun crafty things with Becky like finishing a baby room...ta da!

Next, Marty organized an event for his work that was a huge success!  Every year his company participates in something called Girls & Science.  It's a day at the Minnesota Science museum (which is SO cool!) devoted to encouraging young girls to pursue science careers.  Marty was even on the news!  I don't have the video and I forgot my camera but a friend of ours recorded the video so I'm going to try to find a way to get it on my computer.

Another fun thing we got to do was take maternity pictures of our friends, Becky and Jesus!  This is the same friend who I helped finish the baby room for.  It's been really fun to have other prego friends to talk with.  Here's a cute picture of them...

AND they were ridiculously nice and took some maternity pictures of us too!

 We're holding lemons in the below picture because that's about what size the twins were that week.


 I LOVE Martin's smile in the below picture.

And last but not least...my belly has certainly been growing over the past couple of weeks!

Week 12 
(with the cute shirt Marty bought me while he was in CA)

Week 13

It's crazy to me how quickly my belly is growing.  There are lots of friends of mine who are pregnant right now and some are way further along than I am and I'm already bigger than them!  BUT, I'm perfectly OK with that because 1) there are 2 babies inside of me and 2) I'm pretty sure I'd be huge with one baby too because I'm a whopping 5 ft. 3 in. so the only place for babies to go is out.  Haha bring on the babies and bring on the belly!

7 comments:

  1. Soooo cute!!!!! You are going fast!!! Maybe you'll feel em kick soon, I felt Jax on the inside at 14 weeks! Everyones different but I thought it was cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of geez, 14 weeks! That's next week for me! I've been paying extra attention to see if I can feel them moving so I'm crossing my fingers that it comes soon!!!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness how I love you! I've been meaning to tell you how utterly delighted I am that you are having TWINS!!!! I'm SO excited! ah! Please keep me posted on all the baby news! LOVE YOU KATY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara you are SO sweet!!! Thanks, we are beyond excited too :) I love seeing all of your wedding pics...you two look extremely happy :)

      Delete
  3. can you click the pictures then click "extra large"? do you have it set up to do that? b/c your tummy is still tiny in these:) sounds like you guys are doing well! so fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question...I'll look into that. Usually if you click on the picture when you're looking at my post it will enlarge the picture and do a slide show type of thing with all of the pictures from the post. Does it do that for you?

      Delete
  4. yay!! Twins :O) I am glad you were here to hang out with and take care of me too!

    ReplyDelete